Monday, May 4, 2015

Work in Progress - Welcome Home Mom

This painting has brought up some very interesting challenges, mostly because of its size. It is 4'x6' and oil on un-stretched canvas. It is meant to be the view up the stairs and into the entry of my house. In this scene, again based on reality, on of my children has decided to greet me by throwing many of her toys down the stairs. Because I wanted this painting to be as large as it is, wood panel did not seem like the best option. Even with canvas I am unable to have the painting vertical in my studio. Currently I have the canvas stapled to the wood floor  so that I have the hard background that I prefer to work on underneath the canvas. The large size is also making this painting very different to photograph, especially in its current position.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment